Extern Program - Additional Info
Mission and Objectives
It is our mission at Alamo Feline Health Center to give back to
the veterinary profession by promoting educational opportunities
for the young practitioners of tomorrow.
It is our desire
- To expose the student to the unique aspects of an all-feline practice
- To help the student build communication skills.
- To help the student gain self-confidence.
- To provide the student with practical experience which will assist
he or she in career planning.
- To facilitate the transition from the classroom to a clinical environment.
- To familiarize the student with the dynamics of an all-feline caseload.
- To help the student gain familiarity with the most common feline
medical cases, surgical cases, and clinical skills required.
- To expose the student to the ethical, legal, and financial aspects
of private practice.
- To provide the student experience in working with a team-oriented
- To help the student develop his or her interest in feline medicine
- To help the student improve his or her problem solving skills.
- To help the student improve his or her knowledge base of feline
medicine and surgery.
- To help the student gain the habits of a professional.
- To encourage the student to read current veterinary journals.
- To provide an opportunity for the student to discuss current issues
in feline medicine.
- To provide the opportunity for practitioners to contribute to the
development of future veterinarians and to foster the mentor relationship
within the profession.
There is a furnished, one bedroom, one bathroom plus kitchenette
apartment area located on the second floor of Alamo Feline Health
Center that can be reserved with advance notice. The student will
be responsible for his or her own board, but the room rental is
without charge. Accommodations are subject to availability, and
therefore plans to utilize the living quarters should be made in
advance with the practice manager. For a printable version of the
rental agreement, click
16201 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio, Texas 78232
(210) 404-CATS (2287)
7:00 am - 6:30 pm
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am - 11:30 am